Kansas City Movers (913) 829-8267 – Packing Tips
There are many chores people hate doing, the top 5 being laundry, dishes, unclogging the drain, cleaning the oven, and worst: cleaning the toilet. The really big chores are actually life events, and one of the worst is moving. Sure, you’re probably looking forward to getting into a new home, but the actual packing and lifting is not a bowl of cherries.
How can you make it easier, and less stressful?
Let’s start with packing. If you follow some tips and have a good system, it can bring the unpleasantness down several notches.
- De-Clutter First – Start well in advance and start getting rid of things you haven’t used in a long time. Call local charities that pick up donations and get a receipt, you may be able to deduct the amount from your taxes.
- Things you don’t use regularly should be packed up well in advance.
- Use the right boxes. Make sure you use moving boxes. Empty banana boxes from the grocery store are right for moving. Use standard boxes for household items, and special padded boxes for electronics and fragile items.
- Pack and label everything by the room it is going to. That way when the boxes arrive it will be simple to place them and unpack.
- Pack heavy items in smaller boxes. Never pack a box to the point where it’s so heavy someone may injure themselves lifting it.
- Don’t Pack Liquids. Even if they’re sealed tightly it is better not to bring them.
Packing yourself is great for some people, but not advisable for others. If you’re not sure, opt on the side of letting professionals do it. Everything will be packed safe and secure, and everything is insured. Packing and unpacking can be very stressful so it’s not for everyone.
Kansas City Movers (913) 829-8267
A. Arnold Kansas City Movers has moved people’s belongings millions of miles and we have experience moving very large and very unusual and fragile items. We would be happy to provide you a price to move with and without the packing of personal items. Our rates are very competitive and our service is excellent. Call 913-829-8267 for fast service.