The pandemic changed a lot. The way we live and work is totally different now than it was a few years ago! So many employees are now working remotely, have moved to new jobs, started their own companies, or gone back to school.
One trend we see, too, is employee relocation. This is when a company moves new or existing employees from one location to another, typically enticing them with benefits to make the move easier. If you are curious to learn more, this article provides a great employee relocation overview!
Employee relocation can happen for a few reasons, including open positions, career development, growth opportunities, and more. And when a company decides to relocate employees, there are a lot of logistics to keep in mind. One of them is, well, the actual move! At A. Arnold Moving, we’ve helped thousands of people move to their new homes, making it as smooth and easy as possible.
AAKC movers are ready to help! Here’s what you need to know about employee relocation to Kansas City.
A. Arnold Moving: Tips from Your Kansas City Relocation Company
1. Make it easy for your employees. Book—and pay—for a moving service that will help make the transition easy and smooth. Contact us at A. Arnold Moving for a free quote today!
2. Remember their personal and professional belongings. If they’ve been with your company a long time, there might be office furniture or other commercial belongings to bring along with their personal items. Make sure to include both in your move plan.
3. Pick a time that works for everyone. If your employees are expected to get started at their new workplace, make sure that the move day is set with enough time to arrive and settle in before work starts! Don’t make it too rushed, and try to add some buffer time for the move.
4. Make sure to avoid these common moving mishaps. These include procrastination, sloppy packing, and not decluttering! Read more about them here.
5. Review all the details. Employee relocation is a complex process, with many moving parts. Make sure you take some time to sit down with them and review the plan. This includes everything related to the move, insurance policies for their belongings, expected start date in the new location, wrapping up job duties, and any other pertinent information.
6. Look into storage solutions. Besides moving services, A. Arnold Moving also provide short and long-term warehouse storage. Ask if your employee would prefer to store some of their belongings instead of bringing them to the new location.
A. Arnold Moving: Relocation Company in Kansas City
Employee relocation can be complex and even emotional. We form connections to our workplaces, and going somewhere new can be challenging. So, if your employees are relocating to another branch or company location, make it as easy as possible by leaving it up to a professional relocation company in Kansas City!
Feel free to call us or fill out the online request form to get a free quote today. A. Arnold Moving is your relocation company in Kansas City. We’ve helped thousands of people move and are here to help you too!